November 14, 2016
In this week's video for at-home exercises, Dr. Cody demonstrates how to use a foam roller to open up your thoracic spine (mid-back) and release tension in your postural muscles.
- Lay the foam roller behind you horizontally, positioned at your mid-back (don't go below the rib cage).
- Keep your knees bent, hips down on the floor, and clasp your hands behind your head.
- Holding your head in a neutral position, and pull back over the foam roller.
- Move your hips down (so the foam roller is higher up your back) and lean back again.
-When your ribs start to flare out, pull down on your ribcage with your abs.
- Continue working your way all the way up your spine (in between shoulder blade) and then slowly work your way back down again.