November 14, 2016
In this week's video for at-home exercises, Dr. Cody Demonstrates Posterior Chain Hinge Exercise on your knees to focus only on warming up your back and glute muscles and strengthening your lower back.
- Sit on your knees (hip-width apart) and push your hips half-way back (don't sit back onto your heels).
- Counter-weight yourself by reaching your arms out directly in front of you.
- Hold this posture for about 20 seconds
- Pull the arms back, thumbs towards the shoulders, squeezing the shoulder blades together.
- Dip your upper body (hinge at the hips - don't flex the lower back) for another 20 seconds.
- Go back to beginning reach out position and lift the hands towards the ceiling, squeezing the ribs in with your abs (you should feel it engage in the low back), hold for another 20 seconds.