October 10, 2016
In this week's video for at-home exercises, Dr. Cody demonstrates an ankle mobility exercise using Voodoo Floss. This quick warm-up before working out will improve the movement and function of your ankles to prevent injury and perform better. Because of the tight compression, it's important not leave Voodoo Floss on for more than 2 minutes at a time.
- Wrap the foot and ankle (at 50% tension) from a sitting position, with your foot in a neutral position
- Start with active ranges of motion - dorsiflexing your foot, and alternating ankle rotations
- Spend one minute doing non-weight bearing exercises to warm up the tissues
- For weight-bearing exercises, keep your body stable, and come into plantar flexion on your toes for 20 seconds
- Transition into dorsiflexion by pushing your knees forward and squatting down to open up the front of your ankle joint.
- End with some hopping to warm up your calves and achilles.